1P6 not automatically syncing

mikeyh
mikeyh
Community Member

6.0.227d does not seem to automatically sync for folders or dropbox.

1Password Version: 6.0.227d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Server 2008 R2
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• nhDOBsfc
    nhDOBsfc
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

@mikeyh, greetings.

I recommend this: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

There may be other ways, but the best way for me was to create a free-for-6-months account on https://start.1password.com/signup/plan . Now, all four of my devices (2 Windows, 2 Android) sync automatically through the my.1Password.com website, and I don't use Dropbox any more. No vaults to fool with. No Dropbox to fool with.

Once you have an account, my.1Password.com lets you view all your data directly online if you wish, and the 1Password 6 Beta Desktop for Windows (and also 1Password 6 stable edition on all the other operating systems) sync to/from your my.1Password.com data set.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikeyh: I'm sorry of the confusion! The 1Password 6 Windows desktop beta app has only limited support for local vaults currently. They cannot be edited or sync'd automatically. 1Password 4, however, supports that fully. As nhDOBsfc mentioned, a 1Password Account is a better option for the new app. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member

@brenty when do you expect full support for local vaults?

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

Just read the release notes again and it says later this year for full support.

I was expecting automatic syncing to work even if not editable.

ie not having to manually click the buried manual sync option.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mikeyh: Indeed, the 1Password 6 Windows desktop beta is targeted at 1Password Accounts since we didn't have a native app for that on Windows yet. 1Password 4 is already a mature app that supports local vaults, and 1Password 6 has support for local vaults only for importing at this point. We don't take chances with anyone's data, so full local vault support will only be released when it's ready. Cheers! :)

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member

Thanks... looking forward to feature parity.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, we're working hard toward it! :)

• MikeT
    edited September 2016

Hi guys,

Just to be clear, it is a known issue that in the latest beta build, 1Password 6 does not automatically sync the local vault folders again after the initial unlock. We plan to address this very soon but I don't have a specific timeframe on this.

ref: #507

This discussion has been closed.