Click on Safari extension - nothing happens.

Options
serpounce
serpounce
Community Member

I recently had to re-image my Mac. After re-install/setting up 1Password (first thing I do), I enabled the mini and downloaded the safari extension. Both the 1Password App and Mini App work fine, but when I click on the extension, nothing happens at all.

App:
1Password
Version 6.3.2 (632000)
Mac App Store

Extension:
1Password
Version 4.5.9

How best can I trouble shoot? I have tried uninstall/re-install and restart of the extension but didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: OS X 10.11.16
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @serpounce

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the 1Password extension. Can you please try deleting the extension again, rebooting your computer and downloading it again? If this doesn't work, can you please tell us if you have nay other extensions or antivirus software installed?

Please let us know if this helps you get the extension and working or if we need to dig a bit deeper to get you sorted out :chuffed:

• serpounce
    serpounce
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - so the deleting/reinstall did not work. I did find the issue, however, so hopefully this may help others as another thing to check.

I had just gotten the new iPhone 7 and apparently when restoring from my backup something must have gotten corrupted in my Keychain, which I share across my Apple Devices. After disabling iCloud Keychain on my phone (and eventually I just reinstalled as a new phone in case anything else was messed up), the Safari extension on my Mac now works.

I don't know how they are linked, but it is now working.

Thanks

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @serpounce,

First off, I'm very glad that you were able to get the issue with the extension resolved. Secondly, I agree that yes, that is odd. I'm not entirely sure what went wrong or the details of what ultimately resolved the issue because there are too many potential factors there to really hazard a guess.

If the issue should reappear (or someone else sees similar behavior), please let us know so that we may do a little digging and see if we can identify the source of the issue.

Best,
    Eva

This discussion has been closed.