Chrome extension installed but is empty

Options
reemas
reemas
Community Member

I have the Windows version installed and working, as well as the iOS and Mac versions. I'm currently on the subscription plan. However, when I use the Chrome extension it is blank. If I try searching for items, nothing turns up. I tried deleting and reinstalling the extension but no luck. Using Windows 10 and latest version of Chrome.

1Password Version: 6.0.227d
Extension Version: 6.0.227d
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@reemas: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved you to the Windows beta category of the forums so we can focus on your issue there.

It sounds like one of two things: either a bug in 1Password loading the data initially after unlocking (try clicking the 1Password button in your browser a second time and see if it loads) or something in your system is preventing 1Password from getting any data at all. Do you have "security" software that may be interfering? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• reemas
    reemas
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I click the icon but it only loads a blank window - I can see my vault but its contents are empty. I noticed that in the bottom right of the taskbar, there is a 1Password icon also. Clicking this causes 1Password to pop up a mini window, and it works exactly as you would expect it to work in Chrome including search - obviously the problem with this is that it is not actually Chrome but a mini version in the windows taskbar. Strange that this works and Chrome's window is blank.

Further, if I go to a site with a saved password in Chrome, that site's first entry **only ** is shown in the Chrome window. Again, no searching allowed as all results will be blank.

Help!

• tylex
    tylex
    Community Member
    Options

What I can confirm, is that if I search in 1PW mini, if it has detected a login entry for the current page, I get only this one result, but cannot search for other entries.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tylex, @reemas: Indeed, if you're at a website, 1Password mini will only show logins matching that site. At this point, when you search, you're just narrowing the results there. I'm sorry for any confusion that's caused you. If, however, you want to view or search all your logins in 1Password mini, press Ctrl Alt \ again and it will show all of them. I hope this helps! :)

• cory123
    cory123
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having issues with the chrome browser extension as well. It's stopped working completely a few times. I've found that just removing the extension and reinstalling it will get it working for a little while.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cory123: That definitely shouldn't be necessary. I wonder if the connection is being lost due to an update, or some other software. I If you run into a problem like that again, please send the logs so we can try to determine exactly what is happening:

1. Open the main 1Password app
    2. In the Search box, type /log and press Enter
    3. At the top, click Email to send it using your default app
    4. Or manually save the log and attach it to a new email to support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track it down. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

Since upgrading to 1Password 6 v6.0.231d, the 4.6.0.4 browser extension in Chrome (v53.0.2785.116) is not working. If I right click on the browser extension it drops down and I can open 1Password. However, when I left click to fillin password information on a web site, it simply flashes but does not open.

I tried the previous version of the browser extension (4.5.9.x) and it does the same thing.

• Hi @audimackid,

Can you try this for me:

1. Close your browsers
    2. Open the main 1Password 6 app, unlock, and click on the settings icon on top right to select Options.
    3. Go to the Browser section on the left and then click on all browsers under Currently connected browsers to select Remove.
    4. Open Chrome, click on 1Password icon, what do you see?

Do you have 1Password 4 still installed or had 1Password 4 installed before? Open your Task Manager and see if there's a 1Password (32-bit) process running with a white icon. If yes, right-click on it to select End Task, then try again with 1Password 6.

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

I had 1Password 4 installed previously but removed it.

Under connected browsers, I had a lot of disconnected browsers that I removed. I now have 1 paired connection.

I did what you suggested above and I still have the same problem - the browser extension in Chrome flashes but does not open.

• Hi @audimackid,

So, when you did step 4, you never saw any prompt to authorize 1Password extension in Chrome?

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

In Task Manager, there is no 1Password(32-bit) process running.

• Hi @audimackid,

That's fine, you've uninstalled 1Password 4, so it would not have that process running anymore.

In 1Password 6 Beta and 1Password browser extension 4.6 beta 4, there's an extra step you have to do before you can use the extension. Can you tell me if you were told to authorize with a 6-digit code when you open Chrome?

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I did see a specific step where I was asked to authorize the browser extension by matching a sequence of numbers. I performed the authorization and in the 1Password 6 application under connected browsers it shows they are paired.

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

The best way I can describe the browser extension behavior when I click on it is that it flashes momentarily but does not open. It's as if a pop-up blocker is preventing it from opening. I turn off pop-up blocking in Chrome but that had no effect.

• MikeT
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @audimackid,

If you press "Control + Alt + \", what happens? 1Password mini is a separate app, it wouldn't be affected by the popup blocker.

It does sound like it may be dismissed by something else. If the mini gets de-focused, it will be dismissed.

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

If I press "Control + Alt + \" on say the Desktop, 1Password mini flashes but does not open. Identical to what happens when I left click on the browser extension icon in Chrome.

• Hi @audimackid,

Okay, that's not normal. Something is dismissing 1Password mini, it could be a shortcut that's assigned to something else or there's a third party app getting in the way.

Can you do the following to send us the logs:

1. First, reproduce the issue a few time by pressing the "Control + Alt + \".
    2. Click on the start button to search for "Event Viewer". On the left sidebar, expand "Applications and Services Logs", 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select "Save all events as" and save it as 'logs.txt', set "Save as Type" to "Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)"
    4. Send that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com, please include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so we can connect the dots.

Let me know here when you've sent the file, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

I updated to the latest versions of both the application and the browser extension and am still experiencing the same problem. I emailed the log file as indicated above.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@audimackid: I don't see anything in our inbox from this address. Can you post the Support ID you received here? It will help us track it down faster so we can take a look at those logs for you. Thanks in advance! :)

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

The Support ID is #QBU-59543-949

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@audimackid: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: QBU-59543-949

• audimackid
    audimackid
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.