Part of notes field becomes hidden in view mode

Options

Comments

• rl50
    rl50
    Community Member
    Options

Since only Mac OS X is mentioned above, I'd like to add that I see a similar thing happening with “Password” entries in 1Password 6.4.4 on my iPad running iOS 10.0.1.

The issue is that some part of the Notes text gets hidden in view mode. The text I see in view mode is always shorter than the text I entered.

The amount of text shown is not constant. It seems that about half the lines of the original text are shown in view mode.

The issue doesn't get triggered until I leave and re-enter that entry's view.

This is how you should be able to reproduce the issue:
    (1) Create new Password entry
    (2) Enter some text of a few lines into the Notes field
    (3) Switch to view mode, and notice that all the lines are still visible
    (4) Switch to some other entry
    (5) Switch back to that new Password entry and compare how many lines of Notes you see now
    (6) Repeat steps 2 through 5 with much longer text in step 2, and notice that now you can see more text but again not all of it

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rl50,

I'm sorry some text in notes fields is hidden in view mode! This is actually a bit of a different issue than the one from the previous thread (although similar symptoms). Since this is something that happens in the iOS version of 1Password, I've moved your message to our iOS forum.

Thank you for taking the time to report this problem and for the steps to reproduce it! That's a known issue in 1Password for iOS, and I apologize for the inconvenience. Our developers are aware of the issue and have an open ticket for it, although I don't have a timeframe for when it will be fixed. I'll add your comments to our internal tracker to let our developers know you're also experiencing this.

I'm sorry again about this problem. Please let us know if you have any questions about that or need anything else. Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password!

ref: OPI-2703

This discussion has been closed.