iOS master password security issue - bullet point delay

Options
scotty321
scotty321
Community Member

Hi there,

When we unlock the 1Password app on our Mac, we can feel comfortable typing in our Master Password because it shields all of our characters with bullet points.

However, when we unlock the 1Password app on iOS, it actually SHOWS the last letter that we typed right there on the screen for a few seconds, before it turns into a bullet point. So anybody who is looking over our shoulder or recording our screen -- or like what happened to us today when we were "AirPlay mirroring" our iOS screen to another display -- can easily see our master password as we're typing it in. All the other people have to do is smply write down or memorize each letter as it appears on the screen, before it turns into a bullet point.

Can this please be fixed?

Thanks,
Scott

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi Scott ( @scotty321 ),

Can this please be fixed?

Unfortunately I don't believe so. I'm not aware of any way to turn that iOS feature off. It happens with all password fields on iOS.

or like what happened to us today when we were "AirPlay mirroring"

If you are concerned someone may have seen your Master Password we would highly recommend changing it.

Change or recover your Master Password

Sorry there doesn't appear to be a better answer at the moment. It appears to be a limitation of iOS itself. The only way I'm aware for it to change would be for Apple to change it.

Ben

• @scotty321

I'll certainly pass the feedback along to our development team for their consideration. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.