Can I sync App Store 1Password on IOS with 1Password from AgileBits on my Mac?

Options
kohls
kohls
Community Member

I have 1Password from the App Store on my iPhone and iPad, but the 1Password on my Mac was purchased from AgileBits. Right now I am syncing with Dropbox which works fine for all 3. If I were to switch to iCloud sync on the iPhone and iPad, would it still sync with 1Password on my Mac now that Mac OS Sierra is available?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sync with iCloud?

Comments

• Hi @kohls! iCloud is compatible with those devices so long as you're using the latest version of 1Password. :) To use iCloud sync, disable Dropbox sync and enable iCloud sync. When you do this on a second device it will ask to merge the data with what's already there and you'll be all set. Let us know how it goes.

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Jacob. I have the newest version of 1Password on my Mac (6.3.3), but I see that the version on my iPhone and iPad is 6.4.4. Would this cause a problem if I try to sync with iCloud?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kohls

That's exactly what you need to have :chuffed: The version numbers don't go exactly hand in hand, so it sounds like you're up to date everywhere and ready to try iCloud sync!

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. If I'm not happy with it, would I be able to switch back to Dropbox?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kohls

You're welcome :chuffed: Of course, you can switch and change syncing methods as many times as you want! If you have any questions or need help with anything we're here for you!

• kohls
    kohls
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kohls,

On behalf of Pilar and Jacob, you are very welcome!

This discussion has been closed.