Setting up/moving an existing 1Password account to a new iPhone 7

Options
BobStacy
BobStacy
Community Member

Hi,
Replaced my iPhone 6 with a new iPhone 7. Having trouble logging in to 1Password on the new phone. Currently syncing to Dropbox. My wife and I use the 1Password account. We both have access to the 1Password on our Mac's, our iPads and our iPhones. Now I have the new iPhone 7. Everything is all backed and new restored to my new iPhone 7.

When I go into 1Password, it says "Welcome to 1Password" and it gives me 2 options 1) 1Password account 2)Use without an account. I select the 2nd option. Then I click on "Sync with Dropbox". I find and click my file. Then it asks me to chose the Vault, which is already listed, so I click it. Then it asks me to "Enter the password for 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox to Continue". I have no idea what this is asking me for? I have tried what I think could be the password, but no luck. I looked in my 1Password on my Mac and could not find anything either. I have tried my 1Password too, with no luck. I can still login to 1Password on my old iPhone.

Can you also please explain to me the difference between what I have now and the the 1Password Families? That was not offered when I originally signed up for 1Password a year or so ago.

Please help.
Thanks.
Bob

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• BobStacy
    BobStacy
    Community Member
    Options

More info. Thinking more about this, I replaced my iPad about 2 months ago and I did not have this problem when I set up my new iPad. I had no problems at all logging into 1Password on my new iPad.

• Hi @BobStacy

My apologies for the delayed nature of this response. Normally we are able to respond to most inquiries within 24 hours, but we've been a bit busier than normal recently.

"Enter the password for 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox to Continue"

This is the password you use to unlock 1Password on the Mac, assuming that same file that is in Dropbox is what you have set as your Primary vault on Mac.

Can you also please explain to me the difference between what I have now and the the 1Password Families? That was not offered when I originally signed up for 1Password a year or so ago.

1Password Families is a new hosted subscription service that we are offering. It makes accessing and sharing your 1Password data much easier. There is no more mucking about with Dropbox or other 3rd party services. You simply would sign into your 1Password account and have access to your data on any supported device, or even from a web browser. Vaults can be created and shared with ease.

You can read more about this new service here:

Families - 1Password

More info. Thinking more about this, I replaced my iPad about 2 months ago and I did not have this problem when I set up my new iPad. I had no problems at all logging into 1Password on my new iPad.

If you are still having trouble after reading the above message I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.