Problem using 1Password extension in Safari

Options
Lincolncchang
Lincolncchang
Community Member

I am new to 1password App.
I go to 'Chase online login' web site in Safari and use 1Password extension to fill out the userid and password, it comes back saying "we don't recognize this mobile device" and tell me to "request an identification code" (will send it to my email/phone) which eventually I need to re-input my password. It happens again next time and again in my iphone 6+.... Please help.

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10
Sync Type: Icloud
Referrer: forum-search:we don't recognize this mobile device

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lincolncchang: I'm sorry for the confusion! This doesn't have anything to do with Safari or 1Password, but rather it's a Chase security measure that I'm intimately familiar with as a customer myself. As it suggests, you'll need to authorize each new device/browser by requesting a code and entering it when logging in. You can choose to have it "remember" the device if it's one you'd like to use regularly without this extra step, but pretty much any time you reset the browser or update the OS you may need to authorize it again. I hope this helps! :)

• Lincolncchang
    Lincolncchang
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm.... it only happened last night (within two hours) but not today. By the way, the 'remember' is only for remembering the username from Chase web site which I don't want to do it because I have two usernames (one for me and the other one for my wife). Thanks.

I am new to 1password so please tell me how to do it from within 1Password App. After logging into your App, I have two new Chase login accounts. And then what is the next steps to automatically log into different accounts (one by one) by my wife/myself? I click on one Chase account and nothing happened. I click on the website from right side and the website appear then I click on the "key" symbol on top and choose one account and NOTHING happened?? (same thing happened if I click on "Username" first then click on the "key" symbol and choose one account BUT nothing happened?? Please help. Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hmmm.... it only happened last night (within two hours) but not today. By the way, the 'remember' is only for remembering the username from Chase web site which I don't want to do it because I have two usernames (one for me and the other one for my wife). Thanks.

@Lincolncchang: I know it isn't my fault, but I'm still sorry that the Chase website is this confusing — for all of us! :lol:

To be clear, the "remember me" checkbox on the login page is something completely different. You're right that this will save your username there, but it has (as far as I can tell) no impact on the "we don't recognize the computer you're using" thing you mentioned initially. You can choose to use "remember me" to save the username or not, and it won't affect whether or not Chase also requests a temporary "Identification Code" (received via email, text, or phone); this will happen any time you login form anew browser/device. For example, I normally use Safari on my Mac to access my Chase accounts (I also have more than one, so "remember me" isn't something I use...but 1Password can fill your various logins here even if you do select that option).

I am new to 1password so please tell me how to do it from within 1Password App. After logging into your App, I have two new Chase login accounts. And then what is the next steps to automatically log into different accounts (one by one) by my wife/myself? I click on one Chase account and nothing happened. I click on the website from right side and the website appear then I click on the "key" symbol on top and choose one account and NOTHING happened?? (same thing happened if I click on "Username" first then click on the "key" symbol and choose one account BUT nothing happened?? Please help. Thanks again.

First, please note that 1Password will not do anything automatically. That would be a great way for people to fall prey to phishing attacks, so we want to be sure that 1Password only performs an action when we all it to. It also sounds like you may need to save your Chase login in 1Password. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you). Just try these steps:

1. Navigate to the login page (I'm getting https://m.chase.com/#logon )
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Log on" button to submit the form

I was able to save and fill a new Chase login in 1Password for iOS using these steps. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• Lincolncchang
    Lincolncchang
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, Not sure how to do first step 1 " 1. Navigate to the login page (I'm getting https://m.chase.com/#login) " , How should I 'Navigate to the login page? Is that from within 1Password App ( go to Categories + then to Login and find Chase (chaseoneline.chase.com) - that was what I already did to create two chase accounts within 1Password App.
    Thanks again for your patience.

• Lincolncchang
    Lincolncchang
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, Following up my last comment (please see above), I click on the "world (?)" sign on the left lower corner in 1Password App and then type in m.chase.com/#login" and did all the steps you suggested and it works too.
    Since I told you I have already created two Chase login accounts (by going to Categories-> Login, then choose Chase (chaseonline.chase.com), I have the third one now. They all works :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry, Not sure how to do first step 1 " 1. Navigate to the login page (I'm getting https://m.chase.com/#login) " , How should I 'Navigate to the login page? Is that from within 1Password App ( go to Categories + then to Login and find Chase (chaseoneline.chase.com) - that was what I already did to create two chase accounts within 1Password App. Thanks again for your patience.

@Lincolncchang: Ah, I'm sorry! I thought you were having trouble logging in using 1Password, so I wanted to make sure you saved a working login there first. You can load webpages either from 1Browser (the globe icon in 1Password) or Safari.

Okay, Following up my last comment (please see above), I click on the "world (?)" sign on the left lower corner in 1Password App and then type in m.chase.com/#login" and did all the steps you suggested and it works too.
    Since I told you I have already created two Chase login accounts (by going to Categories-> Login, then choose Chase (chaseonline.chase.com), I have the third one now. They all works :-)

Oh okay. You certainly don't need 3 for the same account! You can delete the extras by editing their details (delete is at the bottom). Let me know if there's anything else I can help with! :)

This discussion has been closed.