Magnifier function from 1Password mini

Options
Greg_serv
Greg_serv
Community Member

Why password displayed by using the Magnifier function from application 1Password mini disappears when I click elsewhere. Password displayed from 1Password application is in the foreground (of course when you move the window with the password earlier).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Greg_serv

It sounds to me like you're talking about the Large Type feature, is this correct? I'm very sorry but I don't think I understand what your question is, you have in fact described the intended behaviour of this feature: if you just open it clicking anywhere will close it, if you drag it then it will be anchored and in front o f everything else so you can copy what you're seeing easily :chuffed:

If you tell us some more details about what you'd like to know we'll be glad to help you :chuffed:

• Greg_serv
    Greg_serv
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, but anchoring does not work if you run the function from the 1Password mini.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Greg_serv

I'm sorry if there's been some confusion with this feature: having anchored the item will not keep large type on display. If you want to keep large type in front of everything you need to drag the window a bit and that will do the trick :chuffed:

• Greg_serv
    Greg_serv
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    If I use this function from the main application everything works correctly. If you display a large password from 1Password mini despite the shift of the window there is no anchor window. Why does this work differently from the main application and differently from the 1Passoword mini?

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Greg_serv,

I just tried replicating the behavior you are seeing on several of my own Items and I wasn't able to. When you say the behavior is different in the mini, is this the case for all of your Items or just one or two?

Can you please tell me more about what version of 1Password you are running on your Mac and on what version of macOS? That may help us better diagnose what is going on.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
    Eva

• Greg_serv
    Greg_serv
    Community Member
    Options

In 1Password mini always disappears. In the main application is always good (window anchors after moving).

1Password Version 6.3.3
    macOS Version 10.12

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Greg_serv,

I was able to reproduce this on my Mac, so it does seem like a bug. I apologize for the inconvenience! I'll let our developers know about this. In the meantime, if you need to keep the large type window open, you can do that by anchoring the item details in 1Password mini before opening large type, or open large type from the main 1Password app (remember to drag the large type window first, and it should remain on the screen until you close it).

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this! If you have any questions or need more help, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

ref: OPM-4152

• Greg_serv
    Greg_serv
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.