No more auto submit with Sierra

godbout
godbout
Community Member

Hi there!

Updated to Sierra, and to latest 1password version. I found out that my auto submit don't work anymore. So I go check in the settings, activate again, and I get the popup about the script thing. The thing is when I click "continue" nothing happens, while in the past an Open Dialog would appear and I would choose a folder to put the script on.

Any help appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @godbout,

I'm sorry auto-submit isn't working for you on Sierra! We'll be happy to help you with that.

I go check in the settings, activate again...

Do you mean it was enabled before you installed Sierra, but was disabled afterwards?

...and I get the popup about the script thing. The thing is when I click "continue" nothing happens, while in the past an Open Dialog would appear and I would choose a folder to put the script on.

Just to make sure I understand, is this the message you saw?

That message should normally mean the auto-submit script is not currently installed, although it should still be there after installing Sierra. It's also puzzling that nothing happened when you clicked 'Continue'.

Let's check to see if that script is already installed. Can you please try going to the following location on your Mac:

~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/

If you're able to go there, does that folder contain the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file?

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

To answer your questions, I've been using the Sierra public beta for a while and it used to work. After the latest update 1password auto submit stopped working, it deactivated itself. The screenshot you've pasted is correct, this is the message I have, and nothing happens when I click continue.

But! After a few restarts, everything is back to normal... Auto submit is ticked again (by itself), and the script is in the folder. So, not sure what happened there. Anyway, case solved. Thanks for the help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news! I'm glad it started working correctly for you again, thanks for letting us know how it turned out. Hopefully it all continues to work well for you from now on, but we're here for you if you run into more issues! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sbarnea: Can you be more specific about what "isn't working"? You seem to be saying that the folder does not exist, but you appear to have it open in the screenshot. Have you enabled the preference in 1Password? Be sure to update 1Password and restart your Mac first, and let me know what you find!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sbarnea

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with this. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report so we can take a look at what's going on inside 1Password for you? This will give us some insight about this :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sbarnea

Thank you for sending the Diagnostics Report, we have received it. Someone will be be in touch with you soon to get this sorted out. We'll continue the conversation over email, have a great day :chuffed:

ref: #EZT-79699-859

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well now. And thanks for the feedback! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.