I have an account (Banktivity) that requires a password BUT no username to access.

I have an account (Banktivity) that requires a password BUT no username to access. How do I make this compatible to 1P?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kgorske,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password can save forms that only have one field, but it may not prompt you to save them as it likely will not recognize that you are logging into a website when no username is present. In cases like this you may need to manually save the item:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member

Save new Login is not an option to select. Now what?

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member

Clicking the 1P button when in Banktivity is not the same as clicking the same button when I am in Safari. When in Safari it acts as you suggest, but when I enter the beginning of Banktivity the "save new Login" is not available.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kgorske: It sounds like you may be referring to another app, not Safari or 1Password. Is that the case? If so, I'm sorry for the confusion! Sorry for the confusion! While we offer a 1Password extension for iOS, it isn't something we can build into other apps ourselves. Their developers will need to add support for it. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste.

However, we have a website devoted to the 1Password extension for developers, so be sure to let them know you'd like them to add support for it and point them in our direction. We're always happy to help them join the ranks of apps that support the 1Password iOS extension!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member

I am presently in Safari and I have two (2) mini 1P icons available. One is to the left of the address bar and one is up in the Apple/Safari bar. When I open Banktivity the only icon seen is the one in the upper Banktivity bar. I cannot see the "Save new Login" when I am in the Banktivity mode. I probably do not need to have 2 of the 1P mini icons available. Do I? How can I get the proper one only?

Ken

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member

I am presently in Safari and I have two (2) mini 1P icons available. One is to the left of the address bar and one is up in the Apple/Safari bar. When I open Banktivity the only icon seen is the one in the upper Banktivity bar. I cannot see the "Save new Login" when I am in the Banktivity mode. I probably do not need to have 2 of the 1P mini icons available. Do I? How can I get the proper one only?

Ken

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kgorske: Thanks for clarifying! Can you give me the URL where you're encountering this issue?

To be clear, it's normal to have the 1Password icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen (which is part of macOS, and is available system-wide), and then also the 1Password icon in your web browser where you've install the 1Password extension. Either one of these should work.

It sounds like the website may be opening a popup window which does not grant access to Safari's toolbar though. One way you may be able to get around this is by using ⌘ ⌥ \ (Command Option Backslash) to open 1Password mini. There you can access your data normally. Also, using ⌘ \ will fill the login for the page (if you already have one saved). Let me know if that helps! :)

• kgorske
    kgorske
    Community Member

Thanks, but I am getting more confused with additional directions. I started out trying to follow the gentleman's directions to "Save a Login Manually". I cannot do this because when the 1P icon is available with Banktivity open on the top bar, that icon DOES NOT have a "Save new Login" when the gear is selected. If I select the icon to the left of the address bar that works BUT it is in Safari, not Banktivity and I lose the image with the password printed. I am most confused.

Ken

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @kgorske. In reading through this thread, it occurs to me that you're trying to follow @brenty's instructions for saving a Login while using the Banktivity app. Is this correct? If so, I think that's where the confusion is coming from. 1Password can only save and fill Login information in browsers for which we have extensions like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. If you have other apps you need to store Logins for, you'll need to create them manually in the main application and then copy and paste the Login information into the app. See this support page for more information and some tips to make this a little easier.

I hope that helps.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.