To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password works on phone and Mac apps, but not Web or Windows app

Options
Gonzopolis
Gonzopolis
Community Member

Hi. My Master Password works fine on my Mac and iPhone apps, but doesn't work on the 1Password 6 Beta (Windows) or at my.1password.com (I get the error message). I know I'm typing in the password I've used for quite some time on the Mac and iPhone. If the Windows app and the Web site require a different password for some reason, I don't know what it is, or why it would - I'd definitely not have chosen a different password for Windows than for Mac and iPhone. I just recently joined your annual subscription program, but already had both the Mac and iPhone apps installed long before joining, if that makes a difference. I verified that the Account Key is correct.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan, iOS 10, Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• Hi @Gonzopolis! Sorry for the trouble. Did you use 1Password before you set up an account? If so, you may have a different Master Password in the Mac and iPhone apps — the one you used before. Could you check to make sure you're trying what might be a new Master Password for the account?

• Gonzopolis
    Gonzopolis
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I've used 1Password for many years - great utility! Unfortunately, if I didn't use my old 1Password Master Password from my Apple apps when I set up the account, or the complex password I customize for different sites (which I tried to use to log in and it didn't work), I don't know what password I would have used. I know I set up the Windows app, because I imported my data and checked it when I first signed up for the annual program and downloaded the Windows app. I do notice that the Windows app (recently updated to the most recent version) is now behaving as if I've never used it (i.e. is asking for my Account Key along with other login information).

• @Gonzopolis Thanks for the update. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows computer?

Send a diagnostics report on Windows

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I Jacob, I have the same problem but it is my iphone wont reconise my password, works well with windows, and my ipad.
    I'm using iphone 7, ios 10.0.2, sync with Dropbox.
    I uninstall the app and reinstall it, trying to connect to .opvault and my password do not connect, I'm trying both the old one and the new one.
    I change my master password with ipad and windows without problem.

Pierre

• Hello @Pierrehf, sorry to hear about the trouble here! Are you using the 1Password Account you signed up for last week on your other devices? I had a quick look and it appears to be connected to several devices with some logins contained within.

I’d recommend reinstalling our iOS app on your iPhone one more time but this time use these steps to sign directly into your 1Password account, you don’t want to sync via an .opvault file, that is not making use of your new 1Password Account and is likely tied to how you had been previously been using 1Password before you created your account last week. Instead you’ll want to select the “Sign into a 1Password Account” option. The following article should help you to make use of your new 1Password Account on your iPhone:

Setup the 1Password Apps

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any follow-up questions. :)

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member
    Options

I SeanFoster, fantastic, everything works well.

Thanks

Pierre

• On behalf of Sean, you're welcome. :) Glad to hear things are sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.