Unable to edit items [1Password 6 does not support local vaults]

Options
Mossop
Mossop
Community Member

This may sound like a silly question but are we supposed to be able to edit the information in items in the beta right now? I see an "Edit" button but it doesn't do anything and trying to move an item to the trash also doesn't do anything.

Other than this the beta is looking in pretty good shape now.

1Password Version: 6.0.230d
Extension Version: 4.6.0b4
OS Version: Windows 10 Anniversary
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This may sound like a silly question but are we supposed to be able to edit the information in items in the beta right now?

No, not a silly question at all @Mossop! Editing is only available for 1Password accounts right now. As long as you have adequate permission to edit items in your vault, you should have no problem.

It sounds like you're using a Dropbox vault which is why you can't edit any items. We haven't yet added the ability to edit/add items for in Dropbox vaults, but we're hoping to add this feature later this year.

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the Beta, and I know you'll love it even more once we get you full editing capability for legacy vault types. In the meantime, you'll probably have a much better experience using 1Password 4, but I hope you stick around take a look at our progress from time to time :)

• miker51
    miker51
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using beta 6.3.368d, and it looks like editing Dropbox vault items is still disabled. Any idea when it might be enabled?

Thanks...

• Hi @miker51,

Local vaults are going to be a while and we will make bigger announcements when this is enabled. However, if you need full vault support, you'll have to use 1Password 4.

• miker51
    miker51
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks for the quick reply.

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.