Feature request for 1Password (all versions).

Options
Roels
Roels
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

Hi,

As happy 1P users we are also wondering about a logic and useful location to store our SSL key pairs (in stead of dropping them on the webserver and losing the CSR file when needing to renew a certificate, etc). Obviously you can store them in 1P as a secure document but it would be really nice to have a specific category for these SSL certificates(private key, csr, crt), with a nice overview including expiration date and such. (yes there are tools available out in the open, but having one central tool for all secrets is a nice to have).

Has this ever hit the roadmap or idea-bucket ?

Roel.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Roels

Thank you for taking some time to write to us and letting us see what you'd like to see in 1Password. An extra category like this sounds like it would be very helpful for you! While I can't tell you when or if this will be implemented we do have some very good idea going ahead that I think you'll really enjoy when they are out in the open ;) I hope that you stay around and see what future awaits for 1Password :chuffed:

• wls
    wls
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to amend this in that a new category (can we create our own?) would be helpful for certs. I've just created an internal Certificate Authority, and I'd like to keep the public / private keys in the vault, along with the password used to manage them. Same thing for the certs generated with it; these might be User, Domain, Organization, Extended Validation, or another sub-CA. Having a selection of types would also be useful. Currently there's no good category to do this.

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wls,

As Pilar alluded, this is something our developers are working on right now. My apologies that I can't be any more specific here. We generally don't announce features or release dates until they are ready to go because there are too many unknown factors that can cause delays or take a project off track.

That doesn't mean that we don’t want to hear you ideas, definitely keep those coming! We love hearing suggestions from our customers who help us make our awesome products even awesom-er!

This discussion has been closed.