License from Some years ago

Hi
I Bought 1password by full price about 4-5 years ago (1password v3)
I paid full Price
I have license key Number, can I use last version of 1password with this license?!
what about iOS 1password?

1Password Version: 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

1PW for iOS is free with an in-app purchase giving additional features.

There is an upgrade fee from 1PW3 to 1PW6 (the current version).

You would probably do better with the new subscription version, though. See https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest for details.

• oh I see! yes I created a subscribe account and got 6 months for free
    thanks for help!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the update @Recoba! There are a lot of new and exciting things that we're only able to do with the hosted service so I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

Ben

• I am having another problem concerning a similar reason. I am having a license key from years ago (1PW 3).
    Currently I am using 1 PW 6 on my iMac - upgrades from 3 to 4 etc where no problems so far.
    Now I am having a new iMac, installed 1PW 6 and tried to license it (datas are all available as I sync them via Dropbox).
    Unfortunately I cannot enter the license key but would need a license file.
    I spent a couple of hours in forums and on website and learned that the download link in the e-mail I receive requesting my license should provide this file. But it only directs me to the general download page https://agilebits.com/downloads?

Can I simply transfer the license file to the new iMac or how do I get my license file?

thx for helping me out!
    HJS

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@HJS: We don't have any records matching your email address, so you may have used another one — or not purchased from AgileBits at all: did you perhaps buy 1Password from the Mac App Store? If so, you can install it from your purchase history. You'l just need to be logged into the correct Apple ID. If you're still having trouble, shoot us an email at [email protected] with your purchase information and we'll help you get things straightened out. :)

• HJSHJS
    edited October 2016

hi Brenty,
    thanks - I think I bought it directly... [email address removed by moderator]
    is there any record about this one?
    in the App Store I could not find 1Password listed at my purchase history :-(
    br
    HJS

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@HJS: I was able to look you up in our system. I'll send you a private message with more details, so be sure to check for that. Cheer! :)

• hi Brenty, I did not receive your email and - don't know why - could not longer login.
    therefore I registered new and am now HJS1 - could you please contact me again.
    br
    HJS

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited October 2016

@HJS1: Sure thing! Just go up to "Messages" at the top to view it. :)

Edit: You can also reset your password to the other account if needed at this page: https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/passwordrequest

This discussion has been closed.