Sync with Dropbox disabled after 6.3.3 update

Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Any problems after updating to macOS Sierra?.

Comments

• LEK2
    LEK2
    Community Member

It appears that after the 1Password 6.3.3 version from the App Store updated itself (I am running Sierra), my Dropbox sync with a .agilekeychain file stopped working. The Help->Tools->Enable OpVault for Dropbox and Folder Sync option had become selected. Took a bit of sleuthing to uncover that as the issue.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LEK2,

Since the problem you described is different than the general compatibility questions from the previous thread, I've moved your post to a new discussion. I hope you don't mind!

...Dropbox sync with a .agilekeychain file stopped working. The Help->Tools->Enable OpVault for Dropbox and Folder Sync option had become selected.

Those two things are unrelated. I don't know why the sync would have become disabled, although there are a few legitimate reasons why that might happen (for example, if you restore 1Password from one of its backup files, or if the sync file in Dropbox is moved to a different location or cannot be found for some reason). Normally, if something causes 1Password to have to disable sync, a notification should appear on your Mac to let you know. You can try checking the Notification Center on your Mac to see if there's a message about that which you might have missed.

Regardless of whether or not you find a notification about that, all you need to do is go to the sync settings in 1Password, select Dropbox, then choose your existing sync file from Dropbox. Once you do that, click the 'Merge with Existing' button to start syncing again.

As for the Help > Tools > Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder Sync option, that has been the default setting since we released 1Password 6 for Mac last January. It has nothing to do with existing Agile Keychain sync files, though - 1Password will still work with .agilekeychain sync files. The OPVault setting simply means that if you create a brand new sync file, it will be a .opvault file.

Sorry for any confusion about that! If you have more questions or need help to re-enable sync with Dropbox, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.