Edit category in IOS

Options
ksymmers
ksymmers
Community Member

I'm using 1Password on iPhones and an iPad. IOS10. I imported hundreds of records from another app. Many have categories such as "Secure Notes". How can I change them to different categories such as Logins or Credit Cards? This does not seem to be an option when I press Edit on my iPhone.

Also, when I go to edit an item in the Secure Notes category, sometimes I see a field called "section name". What are these sections?

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: ug:ios/create-a-login-item, ug:ios/creating-items, ug:ios/, kb-search:edit item, kb-search:edit item ios

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @ksymmers,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The category of an item cannot be changed once created. You'd either need to go back to the import process and modify the import such that these items import into the desired category, or create new items of the desired category and copy the details from the existing items into them.

How to move your data from other applications to 1Password

Also, when I go to edit an item in the Secure Notes category, sometimes I see a field called "section name". What are these sections?

You can read more about custom sections here:

AgileBits Blog | Secure all the things in Secure Notes

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ksymmers
    ksymmers
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. I was afraid of that!

• Sorry about that @ksymmers! Hopefully we can find a way to be more flexible in this regard in the future, but it is tough when different categories have different require information.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.