Looking for Helper via Chrome and 1Password 6 Beta

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to edit items.

Comments

• aarmand
    aarmand
    Community Member
    Options

@mohamedosman you know I have a 1password account and I still cant edit. I am using 1password6 on windows. What do I need to do to make this work. Very annoying!

Also, when will 1password6 work with browswer extensions?

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aarmand: The 1Password 6 Windows beta app currently works with the browser extensions in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and a few alternative browsers. You can install it from here:

1Password browser extensions

You'll need to have 1Password open and unlocked to use it there. If you're still having trouble, can you tell me the exact steps you're taking, and the URL?

Regarding editing, this will only work if the data is in a vault which is part of your 1Password Account. If you login to 1Password.com, are you seeing the item there? If so, make sure you select the item in the same vault in the 1Password app as well. If you're selecting it (or a copy of it) in a local vault (for example, the one you were/are syncing with Dropbox), that cannot be edited there. Let me know what you find! :)

• aarmand
    aarmand
    Community Member
    Options

the extension all require 1password 4. Is there a link to extensions that work with 6?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aarmand: Yep! That's the one! The current stable release of the 1Password extension is 4.5.9. This will work with any 1Password app version 4 or later. Sorry for the confusion! :)

• aarmand
    aarmand
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Every time I run this, it looks for and cant find a 1password helper. What do I do about that?

• @aarmand I believe you have 1Password app running at the same time? Please update to the latest, try connect from browser and visit Settings > Options > Browser page in the app. There is new section Refused Connection Attempts, sometimes anti-virus/anti-malware can prevent connection and it will be reported on that page.

• Hi,

To expand on other posts, please tell us what anti-malware solution you're using. If you get that "Looking for 1Password Helper" page, it is likely that there's an interference that's blocking 1Password extension from communicating with the main 1Password app.

• aarmand
    aarmand
    Community Member
    Options

Windows Defender on Windows 10. Also, im new to windows. I dont see an app update option in the Windows Store nor on my app. Do I unistall reinstall?

• Hi @aarmand,

I've split our conversation into its own thread since your issue is different.

Desktop programs (not from the Windows Store) have their own update methods, 1Password 6 Beta will check for an update automatically for you each time you open the program. It'll notify you within 10 seconds via the yellow banner on the bottom if there's an update available.

The Windows Store apps are handled by the Windows Store, you can open Windows Store app to check for updates, here's how.

Let's first confirm what version of 1Password 6 Beta you have installed. First, open the main 1Password app, unlock and click on the Settings on top right, it should show the version on the bottom of the Settings menu, can you tell me what it says? The latest version at this time is 6.0.239.

This discussion has been closed.