Opening 1P on Mac Sierra with Siri

Options
Deckard72
Deckard72
Community Member

Anyone figured out how to get Siri on MacOS Sierra to open 1P? If you tell her to open 1 password it doesn't work; I assume because she mistakenly doesn't recognise 1 as part of the name.

Cheers

Matthew

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Deckard72,

Good question! I hadn't tried that before reading your message, but I just tried it now and it worked for me when I told Siri "open one password six dot app". Siri correctly figured out that I was referring to 1Password 6.app, which is the AgileBits Store version. If that's what you're using, try that to see if it works.

Or if you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, I imagine it should work to tell Siri "open one password dot app". (I tried it myself, but because I have multiple apps with that name on my Mac for testing purposes, Siri wasn't sure which one I meant.)

I'm not an expert on Siri by any means, so someone else who is more familiar with Siri might have a better suggestion. :)

• Deckard72
    Deckard72
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant - Thanks! Embarrassed I didn't think of that.....

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad that helped. And it taught me something new as well, since I had to experiment a few times to figure out what worked. ;)

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

I just told siri to open the mac store 1p by saying "open one password" and she did it.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51

My guess is that you're using the AppStore version, that one is called just "1Password", while the one from our store is "1Password 6". I tried getting it with just "Open one password six" and that does work, no need of ".app" for me!

It's always interesting to see how the new features integrate with what we already had :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.