Damaged 1Password app

Options
rkpearson
rkpearson
Community Member

When I tried to open my 1Password app on my iMac, I got a message that said the app was damaged and I should delete it and download a new app. Will I be charged for the new app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My iMac posted a message that my 1Password was damaged and I should delete it and download a new app

Comments

• Eckberger
    Eckberger
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. The app was damaged. I had to delete it and make a complete reinstall.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rkpearson and @Eckberger,

I'm sorry you're getting an error message when trying to open the 1Password! It sounds like you're getting the message described here: If you see the message "1Password is damaged and can't be opened"

That error is related to a certificate issue in the Mac App Store that can affect various apps (not just 1Password). If you haven't already done so, you can follow the steps from the above article to solve it. Even if you need to delete & reinstall the 1Password app, you won't lose any of your data because that's stored in another location on your Mac (and not in the app file itself). When deleting the app, just make sure you don't use any app cleaning tools.

Will I be charged for the new app?

No, not as long as you're signed into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID you used to purchase it. Just launch the Mac App Store and go to the Purchased section, and you should be able to find 1Password there and click Install.

Hopefully that solves the problem, but please let us know if you need more help or have additional questions about that. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.