Cannot find helper in Firefox after upgrading to Windows 10

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync issues following a reinstall of windows 10.

Comments

• Ken_O
    Ken_O
    Community Member
    Options

I also have a problem with 1Password (ver. 4.6.0.604) after the automatic Win10 update. When I open 1Password directly, everything appears normal. However, the icon in Firefox does not find the 1Password helper. I tried deleting the add-on, then downloading and installing again, as described on your support site, but still no success. I also tried to generate the diagnostics report as part of this request, but the instructions do not line up with reality (there is no "settings" icon on the 1Password header). What do I do next??

• Hi @Ken_O,

I've split your post into its own thread as your issue is unrelated.

The Settings icon in 1Password header is referring to 1Password 6 Beta for Windows, not 1Password 4. There's instructions for 1Password 4 on the same page.

However, try this first:

1. Open 1Password, go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper
    2. Restart Firefox and click on 1Password icon, does it work?

If not, can you tell me what anti-malware solution you're using on your PC?

• Ken_O
    Ken_O
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your quick response. Clicking on "restart 1Password helper" brought up the dialog box, "1Password helper is not properly installed, do you want to fix it?" Of course I want to fix it --- and after this fix, it appears to be working like my old friend has worked in the past. THANK YOU. (Microsoft's upgrades have been so much trouble.)

• I'm glad to hear it helped and you're welcome.

As for Windows upgrades, I know, we've felt the pain here every time there's a major update as it often does something to 1Password's configuration. We're re-architecting the next generation version of 1Password to avoid the need of the registry if we can.

This discussion has been closed.