Allow autofilling One Time Passwords

danielcompton
danielcompton
Community Member

It would be great if there was a way to autofill one time passwords. It doesn't currently seem like this is supported?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danielcompton,

Thanks for writing in to ask us about this! You're correct - currently, 1Password doesn't support filling a one-time password field in browsers.

We've heard similar requests from other customers and have an open feature request for this. I'll be happy to add your comments as well! For now, you'll need to copy and paste the one-time password into the form on the website.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that! We would definitely like to find a way to make this easier in the future. If you need anything else, please let us know. :)

ref: OPX-758

• GSnyder
    GSnyder
    Community Member

I'd like this too!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GSnyder

Thank you for letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password! Stay around to see all the new things that we add to 1Password :chuffed:

• GoShawn
    GoShawn
    Community Member

Hi, I thought I had this in a beta version, and then it was removed after a recent update. Is it back in the latest beta for OS X (6.6.BETA-1)?

• Hi @GoShawn,

We have been playing around with some options in the Mac beta but it isn't prime time yet.

Thanks!

Ben

• GoShawn
    GoShawn
    Community Member

@Ben. Thanks! Glad to know I wasn't going nuts. It's amazing how quickly I got used to having that OTP auto copy as part of my muscle memory. :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

It's amazing how quickly I got used to having that OTP auto copy as part of my muscle memory. :-)

Indeed, it's a really handy feature, and I'm also looking forward to its return! Sorry for any confusion that caused, though.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

• eak9000a
    eak9000a
    Community Member

I would like to see the OTP copied to the clipboard when I fill the username and password. That way I could fill it easily on the next page (and for a lot of websites, they ask you on another page).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @eak9000a! I agree, that's a great feature and one that our developers are still working on, but as Ben mentioned above, it's not ready for "prime time" yet.

Please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• Lawdawg
    Lawdawg
    Community Member

Yes that would be a great feature, and very helpful. The convenience of OTP is very important to help encourage users to utilize that feature and vastly improve PW security.

• Agreed. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.