I am having real troubles adding 1 password to my iPad 2 - i have downloaded the app and it wants m

Options
Zoe_sherrin
Zoe_sherrin
Community Member

i have downloaded the app and it wants me to add an account either through scanning QR code or manually - I cannot do either as I don't have a code or the information to sign in manually - I have searched for this in my account on my laptop but can't find it. I know I have a license with 1password mac...but using the link that was originally emailed to me does not work on the iPad...please help
Thanks
Zoe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need help adding 1 Password to my iPad 2

Comments

• Hi @Zoe_sherrin - When you first run 1Password on your iOS device you are given two choices -

• Sign into 1Password account

• Use without an account

It sounds like you selected the Sign In option. This option is for our new 1Password subscription product which is not what you are using. Can you go back and select 'Use without an account' and then you will be offered to select the sync method you are currently using on your Mac. Please let us know if this helps.

• Zoe_sherrin
    Zoe_sherrin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this info Laura - I now have an iPad pro and the only option I have is to start my trial - which I don't want to do as I already use 1Password

Or there is a options of:

• 1Password.com - using account information which I don't have (I have a licence though??),
    • iCloud, drops,
    • WLAN Server or
    • create a standalone vault (create an account or set up sync later...

so what should I do?
    Thanks so much, Zoe

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zoe_sherrin: Indeed, if you've been using 1Password already, where do you have your data? That will determine the option you choose there. If you're still having trouble, be sure to include some of the basic information you left out of your post, such as OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, so we can help you get things setup.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com subscription, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

Either way, I look forward to hearing back from you. We'll get this sorted out. :)

• arsdc202
    arsdc202
    Community Member
    Options

I have been using 1Password for years on my Mac, iPad and iPhone. For no apparent reason, my iPad version just went blank, I tried to reinstall and sync but I am in a never ending loop of requests for license or QR code. I have neither and cannot get either. I have 1Password 6 Version 6.6.1 (661010) and have all my data on the Mac and iPhone but can find no way sign into my iPassword on my iPad. I am not starting a trial and am not recognized as a current user. What is going on?

• arsdc202
    arsdc202
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure of the cause, but found a fix. Opened 1Password on my Mac, From "Window" chose WLAN server. This allows copying of the vault from the Mac to an iPad (or other similar device) that is on the same WIFI network. Very easy once I figured out this was an option. I suppose also can copy the vaullt from Dropbox if you also keep it there.

I suggest this kind of information be provided in your help suggestions in place of the oddball references to QR codes and licenses that cannot be accessed....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! It sounds like you chose the option to sign in with a 1Password.com Account, but don't have one. I'm glad to hear you were able to sync your existing data from your other device. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.