To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have two 1passwords files sync'd to iCloud, which is the correct one so I can delete the other?

Options

I use 1password on my MacBook, iMac and iPhone 6 - All devices are running the latest software. When i view my iCloud storage i appear to have two 1password files with two difference file sizes? How do i know which one is the correct / current one so that i can delete the other.

FYI | One image is round and the other is square if that makes any difference

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.3 (633000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have two 1passwords files sync'd to iCloud, which is the correct one so I can delete the other?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chillilounge: Great question! It sounds like you may have data there from an older version of 1Password. If you're not going to use iCloud Sync in 1Password going forward, you can safely delete both. Otherwise disable sync temporarily, delete them, and re-enable it. It's probably just a few megabytes though. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• chillilounge
    chillilounge
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Such an obvious and simple fix, thank you, and done (10Mb) And thank you Agilebits for such a speedy response to my post - gotta love customer support like this!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

You're totally welcome! And honestly, though it may seem "obvious", you were right to double-check since we don't want to take any unnecessary risks with your most important data. And after all, that's what we're here for. When in doubt, reach out! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.