Feature Request: choose a default generated password length based on the current site

Options
methodlow
methodlow
Community Member

When I am changing my password on a site, it would be nice if the password generator defaulted to the current sites maximum length (if known). In other words, if the HTML element chosen as the password has a 'maxlength' attribute, make it the path of least resistance to stick with that. I normally like to use 32 digit random passwords, but a lot of sites limit you to less than that.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.3 (633000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @methodlow,

This is a feature that we would love to add, but isn’t a priority for us right now. There are so many different ways password fields are coded in websites that our extension team spends a huge amount of timing just ensuring that our app can recognize them. Adding an extra parameter would make their jobs that much more difficult. And honestly, I love our extension team too much to do that to them. ;-)

That being said, thank you for your suggestion. We love hearing ways that we can improve our apps for our customers. Even though we can't say yes to all of them we do pay attention to customer requests and pass them on to our developers for consideration.

This discussion has been closed.