To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migration to account on iPhone

TJay565
TJay565
Community Member

Hi, I have successfully migrated my 1Password to account on my mac. I followed the procedure, was able to move things across and delete the old local vault. All working perfectly.

On the iPhone, I have been able to log into my new 1Password account but I still have 2 vaults listed. I have the new "Account Vault" and the original "Personal Vault". Effectively, I have 1 local vault and the 1Password Account Vault. Annoyingly, it requires the Local vault master password to unlock the app.

Is there a way to delete the local vault completely from the iPhone app so that I only have the 1Password Account Vault as is the case on my mac?? On the Mac, there is a setting that says: "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password Accounts" which I have deactivated. Is there not an equivalent check box on the iPhone?

Any advice would be great. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Hello @TJay565, glad to hear the migration was a smooth one on your Mac! Regrettably, we do not have a way to delete the old Primary vault in our iOS app just yet as you were able to do on the Mac, this is something we’ll be including and is on the way in an upcoming update! You can either wait for that update (though I can’t say for sure when that will arrive), but for now the quickest option is to reinstall the app, but this time set it up using your new 1Password Account details. Just to be safe, I’d make a quick backup of 1Password for iOS first:

Make a 1Password 6 for iOS backup

Once you have your backup just delete the 1Password for iOS app, head into the App Store and re-download it then just follow these steps to re-add your 1Password Account details:

Re-add your 1Password account

That should do the trick, you’ll now just be using your 1Password Account on your iOS device. :)

This discussion has been closed.