1password for mac --> windows

Options

Hi there,

I bought a one-time license for 1password for mac a few years ago, and recently switched added a personal Windows PC at home. I am unable to apply the license file that I got via e-mail, the (.onepassword-license) file.

Do I need to do something else to activate it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @radiusvector,

Thanks for writing in.

You purchased a license for 1Password for Mac. Back when you did, we sold licenses for OS X and Windows separately, unlike today. To get a license for 1Password 4 for Windows, you need to enter the licence code you received with the download link for the licence file on https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade and after clicking Search, you'll be shown upgrade options to purchase a licence for 1Password 4 for Windows at a heavily discounted price. I've resent the invoice email with the code, in case you don't have it handy right now.

I do have a different proposal, though: Have you thought about giving a 1Password account a closer look? They have a lot of benefits over using the standalone versions of 1Password and the account for individuals cost about as much for a year as the upgrade to a Mac+Win licence does. You will also never have to think about licences or syncing your 1Password again; all applications for all of your devices are included, and the 1Password servers take care of keeping your data in sync across your Mac, PC, and smartphone/tablet.

Please take a look: https://1password.com

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the subscription accounts or the standalone licence upgrade.

Cheers and have a great week!

Alex

• radiusvector
    radiusvector
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi Alex,

Thanks - I put in my 1password 3 license code in the /upgrade page and I get an offer for a 'Single License' at a discounted price.

Is that what I should purchase for my Windows PC? Can I purchase it on my Mac and enter the key in my windows PC later?

• Yes, @radiusvector, that would be the way to go if you wish to keep using the standalone apps and not the 1Password.com service offering.

This discussion has been closed.