Pacific Blue Cross CaresNet requires two identification fields

Options

service.pac.bluecross.ca/acesweb/Pages/Authentication/Signin.aspx?userType=1

When one goes to CARESNet by Pacific Blue Cross, you have to put in both a Policy Number and ID number in addition to your password.

I cannot get 1Password to auto fill for the Policy and thus always have to manually fill it in before having 1P fill in and submit the form. I've tried deleting the login and re-saving it as a new login, but it doesn't record what I type in the Policy field.

Could you please fix this one?
Cheerios!

1Password Version: latest betas on both
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10 & Mac OS X 10.10
Sync Type: dropbox/1P family

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @skippingrock,

When you saved a new Login for the site did you create the Login item from inside your browser and save with the assistance of the extension or are you creating a Login item from inside 1Password? The reason I ask is I've just performed a quick test after saving a Login item from inside Vivaldi and when I refreshed the page and filled it filled all three fields on the first attempt.

Basic Login items, how I refer to Login items created inside of the main 1Password window are currently only capable of filling a username and password field. For the moment, if a site requires 3+ fields then 1Password needs to know more about the page its going to be filling which means saving the Login item from inside the browser.

If you did save inside the browser can I ask what your preferred browser is please along with what version of the extension and 1Password you have. I realise you say you have the latest beta but sadly latest can often lead to an assumption that turns out to be incorrect for a variety of reasons.

Thinking positively, the fact that I was able to fill all three fields means we should be able to get this working once we figure out what is different between our two attempts :smile:

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

I would do it within the browser with the assistance of the browser extension in Safari.
    All latest betas.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

@skippingrock Could you double check your version numbers? Safari in particular does not automatically update the beta extension, so you might have updates pending in the Safari > Preferences > Extensions list. Please let us know the exact version numbers from Safari and also 1Password (1Password > About 1Password) so we can test the same setup.

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

I've updated the extension as requested.
    Thank-you, it works now.

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

Comparing the two entries, it looks like there are different Web form details in the new one with different IDs.
    the old on had "txtMemberID" and the new one had "ucSignInContainer$ucSignIn$txtMemberCert".
    It looks like they changed their login form.
    What's most annoying for me with PAC Blue is that their iOS app cannot support as many characters in a user's password. The app's limit is very short. So I have to make the decision to either have a short and insecure password or not use the app at all. So I defer to the latter. It is too bad because like some banks allow you to deposit cheques, you photo a prescription slip to make your claims online.

I've talked to them about adding 1Password support to their app. They seemed interested when I talked to them, but it looks like the interest has died. For that matter, I've noticed that interest in the 1Password app API on the whole is diminishing. Apps that used to use it no longer use it and I haven't seen new ones come on for a long time. Is there any movement in trying to increase buy-in for using the 1P API?

Cheers.

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

But one thing? Shouldn't the 1P extension notice that the IDs of the form have changed and that there are additional items in the submitted form that are not in the item and thusly ask the user if they want to update the login?

It will ask to update the entry if the password or username is changed, but not if (as in this example) a secondary username or radio button is added or changed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skippingrock,

We have a feature request filed for this and thank you for reminding me that we did. From a technical aspect it should be extremely easy, I think the main issue is the design and to make sure we don't mess something up because the user didn't realise what we were offering. Currently you can save a new Login item and that's easy to wrap your head around, it does exactly what it says with no surprises. Updating a Login item is currently aimed at password change forms or if we didn't catch it there when the new password is used on the Login form. What happens here is we update just the username and password. I'm conflicted about the username. If you change your email address I can see how this might be useful but I've seen 1Password get it wrong too as it's tougher than identifying a changed password. What we don't want to happen though is offer the user the possibility of updating (read as overwriting) the existing web form details when they're on a password change form. Given some of the forms out there it can result in very odd behaviour and the likely loss of the username. That could range from annoying where a person uses the same username or email address everywhere to a total mess if you're one of those people that use unique email addresses everywhere (I hold my hand up to this). So if we're going to have an update option that updates the web form details we either need to ensure it never gets it wrong or offer a User Interface (UI) design that ensures all of our users understand what is happening. I would like to see this happen but over time I've also come to appreciate that getting the design right is critical otherwise we'll be potentially bringing a lot of pain to a lot of people and we can't do that.

If we can make the right decisions at each key point then it could be very useful indeed :smile:

ref: OPM-2708

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

What about when saving (new) or updating an old login that you have the option of seeing a list of what form data has been captured and then having a ability to add a check mark besides the additional form items that are important to have populated during a 1Password fill?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't think we want to add a bunch of extra knobs and switches for folks to twiddle during Login saving. As I mentioned in the other thread, we have some improvement opportunities in this area and it's definitely something we're keen to work on.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.