Refund and Repurchase

I just had a friend buy a license for her iPhone, but now I see the full license for $65 USD includes Mac/PC/iPhone/iPad/Android which is what she really need.

Just to confirm, the $65 is a multi-platform license for one person where they can use the product on any platform.

If so, what is the best way to refund the iPhone purchase? Also, what is the method when you buy the multi-platform license to upgrade the iOS versions to Pro?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

I just had a friend buy a license for her iPhone, but now I see the full license for $65 USD includes Mac/PC/iPhone/iPad/Android which is what she really need.

@RobertoVerde: No. I'm sorry for the confusion there. The 1Password license sold in the AgileBits Store is for the desktop apps: Mac and Windows.

Just to confirm, the $65 is a multi-platform license for one person where they can use the product on any platform.

It isn't possible for us to "bundle" (or even sell individually) the iOS or Android apps. These are only available in Apple's App Store and the Google Play store respectively. They are each a free download with an in-app purchase for Pro Features.

If so, what is the best way to refund the iPhone purchase? Also, what is the method when you buy the multi-platform license to upgrade the iOS versions to Pro?

It isn't possible for us to offer refunds for App Store purchases, as it is owned and operated solely by Apple. You would need to contact Apple for help with that.

The only way to get all of the apps together is with a 1Password subscription, since it will give you an account and do away with licenses and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• This helps. I need to buy both. Many thanks.

One final question - the subscription service stores PW data on 1Password servers or in the location the user wants (ie Dropbox)?

R

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@RobertoVerde: You're welcome! And to answer your other question, you could certainly subscribe to 1Password.com and continue to store your data in local vaults. That does kind of negate the benefit of zero-config sync (and of course only you have the "keys" to your data either way), but it's totally possible if that's your preference. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.