iOS Safari Extension doesn't show logins

TJMedcalf
TJMedcalf
Community Member

When trying to fill a login in iOS Safari using the extension (on both my iPad and iPhone 6) I can only see credit card and identities - there's no login data (and the search doesn't find any of them either).

The full app works correctly so i'm resorting to copying the passwords from there and pasting them into safari.

This is a relatively new thing - since iOS 10 maybe?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.2
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Hi @TJMedcalf

Sorry to hear about the difficulty. When you attempt to use 1Password to fill a login item you are viewing the page that you want to log in to, correct? And all of your login items have accurate website fields populated with the URL of said pages?

For example, when you want to login to amazon.com you are viewing amazon.com in your browser, and your Amazon login item has amazon.com in the website field?

Ben

• TJMedcalf
    TJMedcalf
    Community Member

Hi @Ben - Actually no it wasn't the right page. (well, it was but I knew that it was called something else in my vault).

That kinda makes sense - but is that new behaviour? I've never noticed that I can only login (via the safari extension) with logins that are directly linked to the page I'm presently on. I'm sure i've searched for other logins before....maybe not though! :)

Seems strange that I can search through all my credit cards and identities, but not my hundred of logins....

Tim

• @TJMedcalf

That kinda makes sense - but is that new behaviour?

Nope. Always been that way. :)

I've never noticed that I can only login (via the safari extension) with logins that are directly linked to the page I'm presently on.

On iOS that is correct. The Mac works differently.

I'm sure i've searched for other logins before....maybe not though!

Maybe you are thinking of Mac or Windows?

Seems strange that I can search through all my credit cards and identities, but not my hundred of logins....

This is because cards and identities are intended to be filled on any page, whereas logins are for a specific website (or websites).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.