Forms not filling in on Safari

Options

I've got a problem with Safari where 1Password doesn't fill in login forms. I select the login from the 1Password menu and nothing happens. This happens with all web sites. Amazon is one example. The user name and password are not filled in. I have to copy and paste them manually. It works fine in Chrome on the same machine. It's just Safari. I have other macs running the same OSX and Safari and they work fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension but that doesn't help. I have all the preferences for the General and Browser tabs turned on. Any ideas for anything else to try?

1Password Version: 4.4.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: OSX 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wasnothere

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble filling forms in Safari. I'm going to move your post to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it and help you better :chuffed: Just to be clear, 1Password is not filling forms on any site? Could you please test, if you create a brand new item from Safari, does it work? Which Safari version are you using?

we hope to hear back from you soon so we can get this sorted out for you :chuffed:

• wasnothere
    wasnothere
    Community Member
    Options

That's right, it doesn't fill on any site. It's not even filling in on the AgileBits site. I'm running Safari 7 on OSX 10.9.5. There used to be a newer version available for Mavericks, but no longer, so it's no longer possible for Mavericks users to update Safari. I have another Mac running Mavericks with Safari 7 that doesn't have this problem. That's why I suspect it's a problem with my configuration. I tried creating a new login item, but that doesn't fill in either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wasnothere: Interesting. If the OS X and Safari versions are all the same between your Macs, I wonder if there's something else that's different. Do you have the exact same 1Password and extension versions on each? Please double check that for me, just in case there's any difference. And do you have other software installed there which may be interfering with 1Password? Often "security" suites and other extensions can cause trouble, so that's where I'd start. Let me know what you find! :)

• wasnothere
    wasnothere
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sure you're right. There must be something I have configured that's causing the problem. So I'm looking for ideas on what that might be. Both systems have version 4.5.9 of the extension and 4.4.3 1Password. I have very little installed on these systems and nothing security related.

• wasnothere
    wasnothere
    Community Member
    Options

Apple fixed Safari updating today, so I was able to update my Safari. And now the problem is gone. That doesn't explain why the extension works fine on another machine that's running Safari 7, but I'm happy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wasnothere: I hope I didn't give you the impression that it was your fault! Often computers can behave "mysteriously" since there are so many different interactions between various hardware and software. There's too much going on for any one person to keep track of. That's what we're here for. ;)

Just to confirm, 1Password is working for you on all of your Macs now? If so, that's great news! From your description, it sounds like a relatively common issue where Safari seems to get hung up with an extension being inoperable, yet a new one cannot be installed over it. Usually this requires manually deleting the file, but it sounds like Apple came through for you. If you have any other questions about 1Password though, we're here for you too. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.