Windows 10 and 1Password for Teams - Browser Extension Progress?

A few months back I asked about 1Password for Teams running on a Windows 10 machine and the ability to use the Chrome browser extension. Any progress on that? The rest of my team uses Macs and I'm suffering here. :) When I try to run the extension it wants the 1Password Helper and cannot find it.

Any update and/or direction would be very appreciated.
Margaret

1Password Version: Teams
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2016

Hi @MJatGenoo,

We've implemented support for 1Password browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Vivaldi) a while ago with the new 1Password mini and just a few days ago, we've implemented autosave feature as well. We're making progress but it is not yet completed.

If you want to give it a try now, make sure you download the desktop version from here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64591/help-us-welcome-1password-6-for-windows-to-our-family/p1?new=1

If you're still seeing Helper not running, that usually means an anti-malware solution interfering with the communications between the 1Password browser extensions and 1Password mini. Can you tell us what solution you're using?

• MJatGenoo
    MJatGenoo
    Community Member

Thank you, it appears to have connected at this point. Will continue working and let you all know of any issues I find. Thanks for the quick response.
    Margaret

• Sounds good! Thanks for asking about it. :)

• roar714
    roar714
    Community Member

And here we are six months later getting an email today extolling the exciting 'goodies' with a coming update, a message without an Edge. All this would be paled by an actual extension for the Windows 10 native browser. How is the finger pointing business with M/S going? I mean, really?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@roar714:

Building a 1Password extension is trickier than it looks. Please check out this reply from Mike about it. We are working hard to support Edge (it is a great browser) and hopefully we will have more news for you soon. Thank you for understanding! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.