1P for Teams & Dropbox Vault

Options

Hi,
I've been using 1P for Windows for about a year and have a vault with about 2000 passwords on my Dropbox. Being a big fan of 1P I've gotten my company to consider 1P. We've deployed a test of 1P for Teams and imported our passwords from TeamPassword Manager.

To test the Teams functionality I uninstalled 1P for Windows 4.7.x and installed the Win10 Beta software. I am able to access my company vaults without issue, which is great. I am also able to import the old Dropbox vault. But I am unable to edit anything there - including being unable to delete entries. This is a big problem because my personal vault has hundreds of duplicate entries with my company vault.

Is there a way for me to edit the Dropbox-based vault I have without uninstalling 1Password 6 Beta and putting 4.7 back - which would lose me access to the company vault?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.0.239d
Extension Version: 6.0.239d
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: 1Password and Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @ritaly! Welcome to our forum, and thanks for posting. :) That's quite a collection for your first year of 1Password! I'd be happy to help with 1Password Teams.

I am able to access my company vaults without issue, which is great. I am also able to import the old Dropbox vault. But I am unable to edit anything there - including being unable to delete entries.

1Password 6 for Windows is built for accounts, so your Dropbox vault isn't fully editable there right now. It supports the old vault type so you can move it over to your team account.

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If the Dropbox vault is your personal one, you could move that to your Personal team vault (which only you have access to). If you'd prefer to keep it outside the team account, right now the only way to use it with 1Password 6 would be to create your own account for personal things. You can sign in to this one in the app as well and you'd be all set. Hope that helps clear things up!

• ritaly
    ritaly
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob,
    Thanks for your response. I came over to 1P from LastPass after last years' big hack over there, hence the big library.
    While it does seem your advice would work for me to establish my own account and then transfer my vault to that, that does seem to forfeit the license I purchased less than a year ago. I paid $70 in November last year for 1Password for Windows and Mac.

Is that basically a wasted investment now and I need to dump that and pay subscription fees instead?

• @ritaly Glad to hear that helped you move things over. I'd be happy to look into a discount for your existing license. Could you email us at support@1password.com and include a link to this thread? Post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive so we can connect the two conversations and we'll get back to you soon. :)

• ritaly
    ritaly
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob Thanks for your support. This is the # I got back: #XSQ-13128-172

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ritaly

We have received your email, someone will be in touch over there to help you soon :chuffed: Have a great day!

ref: XSQ-13128-172

This discussion has been closed.