New account, desktop Mac app isn't syncing with online account

rickogorman
rickogorman
Community Member

I just signed up for a 30-day trial of 1Password. Set up online account, verified from email. Then downloaded Mac app, set up, logged in. Did the same for iPhone. The iPhone talks with the online account (tested by creating a new vault) but the online account isn't talking to the desktop app. It shows up Safari as an authorised device (I also installed the browser plug-in) but nada coming through from the desktop, nor are any items being synced. I notice that the online seems to only have a default 'Personal' vault, whereas the local apps have Primary and Personal. That said, I tried copying passwords into the Personal vault on desktop app, but nothing happened.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1Password?
Referrer: kb-search:sync, kb:undefined, kb-search:passwords not syncing, kb:undefined, kb-search:sync

Comments

• rickogorman
    rickogorman
    Community Member

OK, I've got it sorted. It seems that the new individual subscription accounts that automatically sync to online have to be signed into at the first use by choosing the 'sign in to my account' option, which has underneath a reference to 'families' and 'teams'. I'd suggest that sign-in page get a bit of clarifying because it was quite confusing, and it seems that the only way to go back is to delete the app and start over.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickogorman,

I'm happy to hear you were able to get things working! Sorry for the confusion - we're working on making that clearer in future updates to the app. We appreciate the feedback!

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

• rickogorman
    rickogorman
    Community Member

All working, pleased to say. I really wanted to give 1Password a full 30-day shot, so it wasn't good to stumble at the first hurdle!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rickogorman

I'm sorry that you bumped into some trouble at first but I'm glad to hear it's all working now! I hope you enjoy 1Password and if you have any questions or bump into any trouble we'll be here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.