How do I customize the sequence of items in the favorites list

Black_Knight
Black_Knight
Community Member

When I attempt to drag a favorite item to a different location in the favorites list, it just snaps back to its original location.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to sort favorites

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Black_Knight

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble organizing your items. Are you having trouble moving an item to the top or anywhere? I just did some testing and I was able to drag items without much trouble, except when I went too far up on the top or bottom. I wonder what might be causing this weird behavior on your part, often restarting your computer helps reset things and get them back into working, so I'd recommend you to try that.

Alternatively, as a work around, the items will appear in the order in which you added them, so you could play with removing and reading them as favorites :chuffed:

Please let us know if any of these ideas help you or if you still have some trouble that we need to look deeper into!

• Black_Knight
    Black_Knight
    Community Member

I am using 1Password for Mac.
    I can drag a Favorite Item to the top of the list, and it will stay for most Items, but not for all: Some revert to a position further down the list.
    I can sometimes reposition Items to a spot further down the list, but not to any spot of my choosing: Some revert to places I did not select.

Drag and Drop should be a simple, dependable feature: This is NOT up to 1Password standards.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Black_Knight,

Do you happen to be in the All Vaults view in 1Password? You can see which vault you're currently viewing in the top left corner of the main 1Password app window, between the red/yellow/green buttons and the "All Items" category (if you don't see anything there, you only have one vault).

If you're in the All Vaults view, please switch to a single vault, then try changing the order of Favorites for that vault. Does it work as expected?

• Black_Knight
    Black_Knight
    Community Member

The problem occurs in both Primary and All Vaults views.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Black_Knight

This seems like a quite weird problem indeed! I would like to ask you to please create a Diagnostics Report so we can take a look into what might be going on and see if there's anything there that can help us :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.