merging websites

any way to merge sites that are the same? for example www.espn.com and www.espn.com/? and games.espn.com might all be the same for my purposes but currently 3 entries are created in 1password.

it would be great to "add to existing" when the option to create a new entry pops up.

FYI this is not windows specific.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@reemas: I'm confused by the first part (since www.espn.com and www.espn.com/ are the same), but you can definitely consolidate things a bit by adding URLs to a login (games.espn.com, but you'll need to check Enable Multiple URLs in Preferences > Logins for 1Password for Windows version 4 to access these in the browser — juts keep in mind that this can slow things down).

But there's probably more to this since 1Password will offer all of the URLs you gave as examples regardless since they're all for the same domain (espn.com). If these are all using the same login credentials, it sounds like you just need to delete them and save a single one, adding additional URLs to it as needed.

If you're still having trouble, be sure to include the exact URLs along with the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using. Thanks in advance! :)

• reemas
    reemas
    Community Member

Is this possible on 1Password 6 for Windows - I don't see that option? I don't have version 4 because I assume version 4 doesn't support the new subscription model and I'm running windows 10. Please advise.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@reemas: Ah, I see. The 1Password 6 Windows desktop beta does not yet support adding multiple URLs. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. In the mean time though, you can edit it in your account on 1Password.com. I hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.