removing item from smart folder

Options
rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

I created a smart folder in my mac standalone version of 1p to assist in editing and cleaning u records. Once I am finished with the item, how do I remove from the smart folder so that I am left with only those items left to clean?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud/dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51,

Thanks for your question!

Smart Folders are essentially saved search results. Items will automatically appear in a Smart Folder if they meet the search criteria (they're like Smart Playlists in iTunes, if you've ever used those). So an item will only stop showing up in a Smart Folder if it no longer meets the search criteria you specified. For example, if you create a Smart Folder to show all items containing the word "purple" in the title, and you want to remove an item from that Smart Folder, you would need to remove the word "purple" from its title. Or you might be able to edit the search criteria for that Smart Folder so it excludes certain items.

I hope that answers your question, but if I misunderstood what you meant, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. You answered the question unfortunately my condition will never 'expire'. I wanted to list all records with an 'as of' modified date, in this case as of August 30. Guess I can modify the search criteria I used to create the smart folder?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51,

It sounds like the Smart Folder is working correctly and showing you the items you asked it to show you. To remove an item from that Smart Folder without modifying the item or the Smart Folder's search criteria would mean somehow making that Smart Folder work incorrectly.

But you can certainly edit the search criteria for that Smart Folder - just right-click on it and choose "Edit Smart Folder". Or feel free to create additional Smart Folders and experiment with the search criteria (in this case, it sounds like the modified date might be helpful).

Alternately, you could create a Smart Folder to find certain items, then create a regular folder. Select all the items in the Smart Folder and drag them to the regular folder. In the regular folder, when you're finished with an item, you can right-click it and choose "Remove from Folder".

Hopefully that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.