MacOS Sierra compatibility

ckp
ckp
Community Member

Hi,
I have 1P 6.3.3.
Before I upgrade to MacOS Sierra 10.12, I want to know if 1p is working ok for Mac upgraders, as well as with the new Safari version that comes with Sierra.
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ckp

Thank you for taking some time to ask us about this. 1Password 6 is for sure compatible with Sierra! You can go ahead and upgrade to Sierra :chuffed: I hope everything goes well, but if you happen to run into any trouble we'll be here to help you fix it!

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member

1P 6.5beta 20, OSX 10.12.
    Cmd-\ is not working.

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member

Ok I fixed it... Prefs, delete shortcut to CMD-... Retype Key shortcut CMD-. Fixed. Must be some CHR issue with OSX ?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ixplorer

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with shortcuts when you updated to Sierra, but it's great to hear that you got a workaround for them. I'm not sure what might have caused this change, I've noticed that quite a few things with language and region and keyboard settings changed with Sierra so perhaps that had something to do with it.

I hope that 1Password behaves nicely on Sierra for you from now on, but if you bump into any trouble or need any help we're always here for you :chuffed:

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member

Thanks - yup i am not sure what either. Having an issue with one banking site I use... i will submit that now.

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Just tried to submit it and im getting an error

Everything is correct, and all options suggested are already in use.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ixplorer

If you want to report a site you can always do that here on the forums :chuffed: The best place is our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category. Just tell us the exact URL that you're using to sign in and all the details of your configuration: browser, browser version, 1Password version, extension version and OS version. We'll take a look at the site then!

• ixplorer
    ixplorer
    Community Member

Will do thx

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed: :+1:

• sharpdoc
    sharpdoc
    Community Member

I see that this an older thread ,but I just updated to Sierra from El Capitan on my iMac, I always wait a while hoping bugs get worked out first, as I am not a sophisticated user. I have been using 1 Password 6 on my iMAC and iPhone and Macbook Air,always keeping them updated as they come out.. Anyway the upgrade went well except right at the end of the install as it booting up it says something like " 1 Password 6 is incompatible and will be placed in the incompatible software something or other. So it finishes booting and I see that the 1 Password icon is still in my dock, I try to open it and I get a " 1 Password failed to connect to 1 Password mini please quit 1 Password and start it again" , which I did and the same thing happens again. So I did a restart on the computer, same thing. So i"m at a standstill here. Help please :) Thanks in advance.

• sharpdoc
    sharpdoc
    Community Member

I just updated to Sierra from El Capitan on my iMac, I always wait a while hoping bugs get worked out first, as I am not a sophisticated user. I have been using 1 Password 6 on my iMAC and iPhone and Macbook Air,always keeping them updated as they come out.. Anyway the upgrade went well except right at the end of the install as it booting up it says something like " 1 Password 6 is incompatible and will be placed in the incompatible software something or other. So it finishes booting and I see that the 1 Password icon is still in my dock, I try to open it and I get a " 1 Password failed to connect to 1 Password mini please quit 1 Password and start it again" , which I did and the same thing happens again and again. So I did a restart on the computer, same thing. So i"m at a standstill here. Oh, and I just went onto my Macbook Air ( which is still running El Capitan!) and now my 1 Password won't work on there either!, getting the same message of "cant connect to 1 Password mini". Very weird. iPhone version still working thank god or I would be crippled here as far as access to all my passwords if I need them. Help please ! Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6 ,most recent update
    Extension Version: 4.6.3.90 for chrome
    OS Version: 10.12
    Sync Type: not sure, cloud I think

• @sharpdoc,

Is that copy of 1Password 6 older than 1Password 6.6? If so then you're going to have to manually install from https://1password.com/downloads.

Rudy

• @sharpdoc,

I've merged both of your posts into this thread as well.

Rudy

• sharpdoc
    sharpdoc
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy, I usually update whenever I get a notice that ones available, but since I cant open it I cant be sure of that. After I posted this I saw the announcements at the top of the board referencing this. Thank you, hopefully won't have to bother you again :)

• @sharpdoc,

No bother at all, let us know if it doesn't work and we can take the next step.

Rudy

• sharpdoc
    sharpdoc
    Community Member

Ok that was successful Rudy. Love the support here, love 1 Password, many thanks again

Jeff

• @sharpdoc,

That's great to hear. Be sure to let us know if you run into any issues!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.