Iphone7

Options
kooldud3
kooldud3
Community Member

Hello,

I just recently upgraded to an iPhone7. Before I transfer all data I backup my old phone. Once that was finish I synced everything to the new phone, of course including 1Password. But when I open 1Password on the new phone, instead of asking me for my password or finger print and then allowing me to access all my information in 1Password it's acting like its a brand new setup. What shows up is a welcome to 1Password and asking me "Would you like to sync with an existing 1Password vault or create a new one?" Why? Since I restore the information from iTunes, shouldn't all the data be transfer to the new iPhone that was in the old iPhone when I sync from iTunes? I need to know how can I get all the data from the old phone to the new phone. I upgraded the phone because my old phone is having major issues with the screen no being responsive. It does not respond to any touches on the screen. Please help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.0
Sync Type: None
Referrer: forum-search:Iphone7

Comments

• kooldud3
    kooldud3
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Anybody from 1Password interested in helping me? I have a lot of valuable information in 1Password that I need! I need to retrieve it, please help!!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kooldud3: Hi! Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the delay. We try to respond to messages in the order in which they are received.

You're absolutely right that iTunes should backup and restore 1Password as well, but unfortunately it doesn't always do so reliably. So we've included a backup/restore feature in 1Password itself since we can make sure that is reliable.

Do you have a backup saved, or have your 1Password data sync'd to other devices? While you may be able to get 1Password restored properly by re-restoring from the device backup, there's no guarantee that will work and frankly that's incredibly troublesome. In the past I've had to do up to 3 full restores to get all of my apps restored properly, and other times it simply hasn't made any difference. So getting the data from another source would be a better option. Please let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.