1Password won't autofill this site

scotty321
scotty321
Community Member

On the iPad, 1Password's Safari extension won't autofill the username and password for site:
https://eservice.readyrefresh.com/pages/signin.aspx
Haven't tried on iPhone, just iPad.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@scotty321: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry you're having trouble with this! I tested this on my own iPad and was able to save and fill a login there using the 1Password extension in Safari. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you). Just try these steps:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Please let me know how it turns out. If you're still having trouble though, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong in your case. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. Thanks in advance! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@scotty321: You're very welcome! Thanks for the update. You've asked a great question! Honestly I can't say for certain since this is the first time I've encountered this site, but often webpages change (even if it's not superficially visible) and then 1Password is still trying to fill based on how the page was structured previously. So saving a fresh login item will "teach" 1Password about the page's current structure, which it can use to fill it properly. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@scotty321: Aha! I see! The site is giving you a different page based on the device you're using, and the login forms are not the same. So when you have 1Password save it on the page itself, it's trying to fill the same page each time. :angry:

While it can certainly help to save a separate login for each, we're making improvements to how 1Password fills without information about the webpage. This may not work for you yet (though it's certainly worth a try), but I was able to create a login by hand in the beta of 1Password for Mac which fills both on their desktop site and the mobile one:

1. Open 1Password for Mac
    2. Press ⌘ N
    3. Select Login
    4. Fill the username, password, and website fields
    5. Save

Definitely give that a try and let me know if it helps. And if not, hopefully we'll have an update for you with these improvements shortly. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@scotty321: Thanks for confirming. Unless something terrible happens, the "generic" login you created by hand in the app should just start working once 1Password 6.5 (and extension 4.6.2) are released to everyone. Thanks for your patience on this. We're working hard to get the next version ready for everyone. Keep an eye out for updates! :)

This discussion has been closed.