1Password destroyed for a second time all PDF attachments in secure notes

desertman
desertman
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

Among other PDF attachments to some secure notes in 1Password I used to store PDF's with TAN's for two German bank accounts in 1Password. Since I live in the US I need these TAN's very rarely, on average probably not even once a year.

Some weeks ago I needed to make an important bank transfer from one of my German banks - and couldn't because 1Password had damaged the PDF's with the TAN's in a way that the PDF's could not anymore opened.

This was the second time that this happened. It is, of course, not Agilebit's fault because it is never Agilebit's fault if something does not work with their applications. I'm only writing about this here as a warning to other 1Password users - you cannot rely on this feature with important documents because this can really put you in a pickle.

For quite some time 1Password was without real competition and beat everything else in every review. It is good that this is changing now. I am - after using 1Password since many years - certainly looking for an alternative. Dashlane seems to be very interesting, RoboForm might become very interesting. The main reason to move away from 1Password is not so much that it has glitches; iit is more the way in which Agilbits always "explains" these glitches away in lengthy replies instead of fixing them.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @desertman

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had this problem with an attachment in 1Password for a second time! If you want us to take a look at what might have caused trouble, we'll be glad to do that. You just need to send us a Diagnostics Report which will hopefully give us some insight on what might have corrupted your file.

I'm very sorry if you feel like we don't take responsibility when things fail in 1Password, we always do our best to investigate what's going on and how to fix it. If you have any advice or ideas on how we could do this better or communicate our interest in solving any problem in 1Password better we'd love to hear it. I'm sorry that we failed at this, but I can assure yo we do our best to solve any problem that comes up with 1Password.

If there's anything else we can do for you, or any way we can help you please let us know. We're always here for you and I hope that you can keep enjoying 1Password.

• desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Just sent the diagnostics report - although I doubt it will help with opening the damaged attachments.

And to save you the question: Yes, I did switch between Dropbox and iCloud synchronization.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @desertman.

So far we haven't been able to locate your email; maybe you sent it from a different address than you're registered with on the forum?

If you received an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID, please post that ticket ID here to help us track down your email with the report. Thanks!

• desertman
    desertman
    Community Member

[#MBP-82567-171]

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @desertman

Thank you for sending in the Diagnostics Report. Someone will be in touch with you over email soon :chuffed:

ref: #MBP-82567-171

This discussion has been closed.