1Password 6 tries to connect to server which is not available anymore.

maximaexchen
maximaexchen
Community Member

Hey there.
After transfering my 1Password installation from one mac to another I always get the default network-popup with "connection failed to ...." message. Maybe hidden sync tries?
I also have the problem that the app hangs after typing the password.
I already tried to delete - restart - reinstall.
Mini works bit with same connecting-network issue.
I have the non appstore version 6.2. Also tried BETA 6.5
Any suggestions?
Regards

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @maximaexchen

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. Could you please give us a few more details so we have a better picture of what's going on? If you could please tell us which version of OS you're using and also what syncing method you have it would be of great help! You're using 1Password 6.5 BETA, right?

I hope we get to the bottom of this soon so we can get this sorted out and 1Password back into working :chuffed:

• maximaexchen
    maximaexchen
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar,

I have OSX 10.10.5. Yes 6.5 BETA.
    Syncing via WLAN I think. Sorry cannot look into the Settings because i cannot log in.

• maximaexchen
    maximaexchen
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

So after 15 Minutes i finally got into it.
    Connection network popup problem still existst.

I tried to disable the WLAN Server, without success. When I come back to setting the hook is set again ....

Additional Info: I moved to an older MAC Pro with no wifi....

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @maximaexchen

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with this. If you go to 1Password Preferences and then to WLAN server uncheck the option "Run a WLAN server from this Mac to sync with iOS and Android devices" what exactly do you see? Are you still having the same problem?

I hope to hear back from you soon to get this sorted out :chuffed:

• maximaexchen
    maximaexchen
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar,
    sorry I cannot uncheck it.
    It keeps checked no matter what I do. Sorry.
    I tried eaxt this.
    It seem that I cannot change the settings.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@maximaexchen: I'm sorry for the trouble! 1Password is still trying to connect to the server you set it up with initially, but of course this no longer exists. You should be able to get around this by backing up and restoring your data. Since we don't want your data syncing immediately upon restore to avoid conflicts, doing a restore will disable sync completely. I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• maximaexchen
    maximaexchen
    Community Member

@brenty Sorry for the late reply.... so restoring seems to help fixing the problem. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No worries! Thanks so much for letting me know that all is well. You should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.