Need to remove a login from the Vault. Where do I find current password before sending to trash?

Options

Need to remove a login from the Vault. What's the suggested procedure? Do I simply send it to Trash? Also, how do I find out the current password to use when I then go back to logging into that site without using 1PW?

1Password Version: beta 6.0.23d
Extension Version: chrome
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:remove login from vault what is password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@puppybrown: I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. Can you be more specific?

If you want to remove an item from your 1Password vault, you can delete it (which will send it to the Trash). Currently the 1Password 6 Windows desktop beta app does not have a way to empty the Trash itself, but you can do this by logging into your account on 1Password.com.

But please note that if you do these things (deleting the login, emptying the Trash), 1Password will no longer have a record of it, and there will be no way for 1Password to display or fill that information for you. You'll need to either save it somewhere else or memorize it, which...there's an app for that, so it may be better to use 1Password for that instead. ;)

This discussion has been closed.