.ws.agile.1password.settings in dropbox root folder

Options

hello,

i like to keep clean dropbox folders and i notice that a file ".ws.agile.1password.settings" from 1password keeps getting created in the root. i delete it whenever i see it but it re-appears from time to time.

is there any way to NOT have 1password create that file in the root folder of dropbox? i don't mind if it's somewhere else, but just not the root please.

thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@astudios: Wow. Well, that's a blast from the past! In short: If you're using a legacy version of 1Password that syncs with Dropbox, then no, there's no way to avoid this. But otherwise, you can safely delete the file. It's only needed as a pointer for older apps to be able to find your vault. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @astudios,

Adding to what brenty said, newer versions of 1Password that don't require the .ws.agile.1password.settings file might still (re)create it for compatibility with these older versions of 1Password that rely on it:

• 1Password 3 for Mac
    • 1Password Reader for Android
    • 1Password Reader for Windows Phone

You didn't mention which version(s) of 1Password you're currently using on which platform(s) so we don't know for sure whether or not the file will be recreated if you do choose to remove it.

• astudios
    astudios
    Community Member
    Options

It's the version for Windows v4.6.0.604. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit.

Is there a better app version?

Thank you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Thanks for the version details, @astudios.

1Password 4 for Windows will indeed recreate the .ws.agile.1password.settings file if you remove it from the Dropbox root folder. I discovered one in my Dropbox root that was recreated by the Mac version after it's removal and have since just ignored it. ;)

Version 4.6.0.604 is the current stable build of 1Password 4 for Windows. 1Password 6 for Windows, currently in beta, is also available and you can learn more about it here:

Help us welcome 1Password 6 for Windows to our family!

There are differences between it and version 4 to be aware of if you'd like to give it a try. Feel free to post your questions about it over in the Windows Beta category. And I've moved this discussion over to the Windows category; hope you don't mind. :)

• astudios
    astudios
    Community Member
    Options

thank you for the reply.

i tried to download + install 1password 6 but was having some trouble. i think it has to do with the fact that i have a single-license (one-time) purchased version. does it allow me to use the new version with my single purchase? i can give you my license# if you need it.

thanks.

• Hi @astudios,

What kind of problem were you having with 1Password 6 Beta?

1Password 6 Beta is a beta program that only has read-only support for local vaults and is not meant for the licensed customers to use right now. For now, it is only useful for the 1Password.com customers that can't use the stable 1Password 4 program.

Just to be clear, you can reuse your license on any PC as long as you're the only 1Password user, it is not a one-time license as it is licensed to you as a user for the 1Password 4 version.

• astudios
    astudios
    Community Member
    Options

I seem to have gotten it to work. Thanks!

• That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know. If there's anything else we can do to help, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.