How to protect information in shared vault?

Options
tastyroadkill
tastyroadkill
Community Member

I'm thinking about migrating from the standalone app to Families. Right now I use a shared vault (via dropbox) for shared passwords with my spouse. This results in duplicate entries (one for primary, one for shared) in my vault. The benefit is that I always maintain a copy in my own vault in case my spouse accidentally messes up the shared entry, but I don't like the duplicate entries (e.g., two entries for Netflix).

If I move to Families, is there a good strategy for protecting shared entries, but not having to maintain two copies? Ideally, I could backup the vaults offline frequently, but from other discussions I know that's not feasible.

Any advice or guidance on how I can make this work?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tastyroadkill! That's a very interesting setup. From what I understand, you're looking for a redundancy setup. A sort of backup vault, as it were. You could do this with 1Password Families as well, but it wouldn't be necessary. If you share a vault with your spouse, all the contents of that vault are backed up. They include item history too so you can restore an older copy of an item if you need to. No need for duplicates in two vaults. :) Learn more about creating and sharing vaults.

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jacob. Cheers!

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.