Browser extension issue on Firefox 49.1

Firefox 49.1
OS Windows 10 Version 1511 Build 10586.589
1Password for Windows Ver 4.6.0.604
Browser ext 4.6.1

Firefox is having issues connecting to the extension. See attachment.
Sometime I get the message and the helper will work other times it doesn't.
I have a friends and he is running the same OS, browser, and version of 1password program and ext and his will not work most of the time.
I have removed and reinstall the extension. The extension is not disabled.
I also have MAC version and its working fine.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10 1511
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:firefox 49.1

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Craven1,

Sorry to hear about these issues! Let's try to figure out what is going on.

Could you please elaborate, do you have any antivirus software installed on your Windows PC? Sometimes this might be the issue, because antivirus software interferes in the communication between 1Password extension and main app.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Craven1
    Craven1
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Just windows defender and the windows firewall and I disabled it for trouble shooting.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Craven1: Ah, I'm sorry for the trouble there! Please restart Windows and then try accessing 1Password in Firefox. If it still isn't working, go to 1Password Help > Restart 1Password Helper and let me know if that helps. If not, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'.

Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.