My wife joined my family account, but she does not see the "Shared" vault on your iOS device

Options
lammg091
lammg091
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Families

I signed up for a family account recently and send an invitation link to my wife. She opened the link and installed the iOS app, but when she logged in, she only sees her "Personal" vault, but she does not see the "Shared" vault. Do I need to "sync" anything with her account so he sees the "Shared" vault?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My wife joined my family account, but she does not see the "Shared" vault on your iOS device

Comments

• Hi @lammg091! Welcome to our forum, and 1Password. :) I'm sorry for the trouble on your wife's iPhone. Let's try locking and unlocking the app. Does the Shared vault show up now? She has access to it, so if it isn't showing up after a lock/unlock, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from her iPhone?

Send a diagnostics report from your iPhone

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• lammg091
    lammg091
    Community Member
    Options

Actually I resolved the issue. It wasn't obvious that after my wife accepted the invitation to join the family and installed the app, I needed to log back into the dashboard to approve the acceptance of invitation. Once I approved the acceptance, the shared vault synced to her device.

I searched the knowledge base and support docs and it wasn't clear that this was the missing action that was needed. A potential future enhancement maybe to include this information in the documentation and/or include some type of messaging in the app stating that the invitation is pending approval.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lammg091: I am happy to hear you have sorted it out! :)

Sorry for the confusion here. We have some information about members approval in our admin guide, but you are right, there is a room for improvement here. Thank you for the suggestion, 1Password will get better! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.