To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Chrome extension trouble

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't login and don't know why.

Comments

• PCR
    PCR
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am having an issue with my 1Password extension in Chrome. It says that it cannot connect to the server. I have logged on (and created an account), and it is still not working.
    I think I am using the Standalone version because I use a DropBox file, and in the process of creating an account, it created another Account Key.
    How do I unravel this and get 1Password working agiain?
    Thanks

• Hi @PCR! Welcome to our forum. I'm sorry for the trouble with the extension. Could you give us a few more details about your setup? Here's what would help:

• The version of 1Password you're using
    • The operating system and version you're using

Thanks! :)

• PCR
    PCR
    Community Member

I am using Windows 10, and my 1Password version is 4.6.1.616.
    The problem was with my Chrome Extension 6.2.xx.

I think the problem has been resolved because I was able to download a new version of the Chrome Extension: 4.6.1.90

It appears to be working right now, and syncing up to my DropBox file.

Since I made an account on the 1Password on line account, do I have to delete the online account?

Thx.

• @PCR Hmm, how did you get version 6.2.xx of the 1Password extension? We have never distributed that version. Do you perhaps mean your Google Chrome version — the browser, not the extension? That would certainly cause some issues.

Since I made an account on the 1Password on line account, do I have to delete the online account?

If you plan to keep using 1Password on your computer with the license you purchased and not using the subscription account, then yes it would be a good idea to delete the account so there's not clutter. You can delete the account from your profile page. Please get in touch with us at support@1password.com if you aren't able to delete the account or have questions about it. We can help with account details over email.

• PCR
    PCR
    Community Member

I may have been mistaken on the extension version.
    Thanks for the help. I have deleted my 1Password account.
    Thanks

• It's all good. :+1: Glad to hear you got things sorted out. If you have some other questions we're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.