Firefox extension installation issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser extension issue on Firefox 49.1.

Comments

• belushy
    belushy
    Community Member

here the same issue chrome works but firefox cann#t connect to download the extension

here a short video of the issue (sorry german)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nms09ccrv1dcs72/1password.MP4?dl=0

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@belushy: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion since you seem to be having a very different issue: that of not being able to install the extension!

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry you're having this trouble. From the video, it appears that Firefox is unable to establish a secure connection to download the extension in the first place. This is often caused by overzealous "security" software interfering with what is supposed to be secure connection between you and AgileBits — with no one else in between. This is definitely something you should look into, as having something breaking your ability to connect directly to secure websites is concerning (especially if you do any shopping online).

However, you should be able to work around this at least by downloading the Firefox extension using another browser. You can then drag the extension to Firefox to install it manually. I hope this helps. Please let us know how it turns out! :)

• belushy
    belushy
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you manually installed
    BTW. please note your app on windows is not 4k ready it looks not very good.....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@belushy: That's great to hear! Thanks for the update! :chuffed:

If you mean 1Password 4 (you didn't mention which version you were using), then yes. It was developed prior to the availability of consumer 4K/HighDPI/Retina PC hardware, but we're developing future versions of 1Password to be resolution-independent. Thanks or letting us know this feature is important to you too! :)

This discussion has been closed.