Using the 1Password extensions requires the main 1Password app to be installed [Correct]

This discussion was created from comments split from: Looking for the 1Password helper?.

Comments

• WoNit
    WoNit
    Community Member

Just to be sure: To use the browser extension the main app has to be installed.

There is no way to get access to my passwords for filling in login forms in a browser window, as I could with "1Password Anywhere"; I have to lokk the PD up on my iPhone and look to and fro while typing and hopefully make no error with my strong (and long) pws...

That is/would be quite inconvenient as compared to let Firefox handle the task.

Thanks for clarifying.

• MikeT
    edited October 2016

Hi @WoNit,

Thanks for writing in.

I've split your post from the old thread as the original topic was about something else.

Just to be sure: To use the browser extension the main app has to be installed.

That is correct, the main app is responsible for showing the UI and data for the 1Password extensions.

There is no way to get access to my passwords for filling in login forms in a browser window, as I could with "1Password Anywhere"

1PasswordAnywhere has been phased out a long while ago due to various technical reasons. However, if you are using a 1Password.com account, you can access your data on 1Password.com web app and it is far more powerful than 1PasswordAnywhere as well since you can make changes to your data there.

That is/would be quite inconvenient as compared to let Firefox handle the task.

Except then your data is limited to Firefox where 1Password can let you use your encrypted data in various browsers on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android. Not to mention, you can store far more than just username/password including file attachments, sharing data with your family members.

• WoNit
    WoNit
    Community Member

Everything works fine!
    You are great!
    Thank you for your indispensible app!
    -Wolfgang

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• WoNit
    WoNit
    Community Member

Sorry to say, but not all is fine.
    I set up two accounts (a personal and a family one - I do have a familiy-license); I am able to open the respective 1passwort.com pages; but neiher in "All Vaults" nor in "Personal" nor in "Main Vault" do I find my some 500 PWs from the app on my Mac or (in Dropbox-sync) on my iPhone.
    How do I connect my Primary Vault (local & Dropbox-synced) with the WebApp?
    Sorry not to be able to figure how by myself...

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @WoNit, you can't connect your Dropbox vault to your 1Password account, but you can import your data to your new account. Just follow the directions here.

Let me know how things go and if you run into any trouble along the way :).

This discussion has been closed.